Wickliffe, OH | Direct Hire
Our client’s expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Their recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. They are currently seeking a Process Engineer to join their talented team.
The duties of the Process Engineer will include:
- Utilize analytical tools to accelerate the process design, scale up and validation process for new chemical products.
- Prepare and direct chemical and industrial manufacturing process improvements in order to increase production performance regarding the aspects of lead time, efficiencies, cost, quality, and safety and environment.
- Lead the assigned CAPEX process projects according to the PX (project excellence) principles of the company, respecting timing, budget, and scope.
- Responsible for the technological aspect of projects, from feasibility to implementation.
- Register all internal/external process/product changes, following Management of Change (MoC) procedures.
- Set up test programs for internal/external qualification of process/product changes. Analyze data and documents results in reports.
- Interact with the maintenance group on equipment and instrumentation related issues.
- Support all safety, health and environmental procedures and initiatives.
Skills and Requirements for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related field of study and five years of related experience.
- Master's degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, (is a plus).
- Position also requires demonstrated experience with the following:
- chemical process; solvent extraction; Ion exchange; Leaching of super-alloy scrap; Leaching of hard metal scrap; Selective metal precipitation via hydrolysis; Waste water treatment for heavy metal removal; Safe handling and transfer of concentrated acids and bases; Chemical processing equipment; Plate and frame filter press; Membrane squeeze filter press; Mefiag filter columns; Air diaphragm pumps; Magnetic drive electric pumps; Leaching vessels with immersion heater and center-mounted agitators; Mixer-settlers; Ion exchange columns; Control valves; Flowmeters; pH probes; Executing risk analysis (PHA, HAZOP); PSI; PHA; PRA.