Willoughby, OH | Direct Hire
Our client in Willoughby, Ohio is a manufacturer of injection molded and extruded ceramic products. They are currently seeking an experienced Process Engineer for their successful operation!
Excellent benefits package upon hire!! Including medical, dental, vision, 401K, FSA and life insurance.
Accountabilities of the Process Engineer:
- Coordinate assigned tasks related to new product introductions including; tool design, develop process parameters, first article sample production, dimensional and yield review, meet published milestones in order to deliver parts to customer on time.
- Monitor assigned processes and products to maintain desired quality and yield levels
- Identify root cause of quality or yield short falls. Design and run trials to make improvements. Closely track progress of trials through the process and summarize results upon completion.
- Modify current or create new process work instructions for plant employees.
- Evaluate process methods and identify potential areas for productivity improvement. Test new methods and implement.
- Regularly report out progress on key projects to General Manager.
- Spend significant time on the floor daily interfacing with plant employees and area supervisors to de-bug and resolve process problems.
Qualifications of the Process Engineer:
- Four year engineering degree in Ceramic Engineering or Materials Science preferred
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a Process or Product Engineer
- Knowledge of electric and/or gas fired kilns a plus including troubleshooting firing issues, kiln controls, and general kiln maintenance.
- Hands on self-starter who is able to organize and manage multiple projects. Ability to independently assess results and make decisions on project direction in order to drive meaningful results.
- Fluent in use of Microsoft Office suite of software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong root cause and data analysis skills. Experience with MINITAB or similar statistical software a plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean Manufacturing knowledge a plus.
- Must have experience interfacing with customers with regard to technical requirements, specifications, and product related issues.
- Injection molding or extrusion experience a plus.