Wickliffe, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client’s expertise covers the sourcing, production and distribution of cobalt and nickel products. Their recycling and refining processes give new life to cobalt and other metals and reduce environmental impacts. They are in search of a quality Production Operator to add to their team.
Night shift – 6pm to 6am
Must be willing/able to work a 2-week schedule structure as follows:
Work M, T; off W, Th; work Fr, Sa Su
Off M,T; work W, Th; off Fr, Sa, Su
- Produce quality (end) products in a timely manner by following the work instructions of the relevant chemical processes, under supervision of the Lead Man and the Production Manager and with guidance of the Process Engineers.
- Contribute in meeting the operational goals as set by the Production Manager and the Plant Manager.
- Adhere to all company safety, health and environmental policies.
- Maintain clean and functional areas and equipment/installations in the production department.
- Increase knowledge of assigned production areas and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Be committed to quality.
- Sample the applicable chemical production processes as required
- Document all actions accurately and thoroughly
- Package and label final products.
- Be committed to the safety and health of yourself and others, and to a clean environment.
- Practice good housekeeping, keeping areas and equipment/installations clean and in good working order.
- High school diploma is required, or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate certificate or 2 years of college or equivalent education is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ work experience in a chemical manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Forklift experience is required or willingness to follow the necessary training to obtain the certificate.
- Physically able to wear a dust mask and respirator (= requirement in designated areas).
- Able to perform physical tasks such as climb stairs, handle weights (material), manipulate filter plates, operate valves, …
- Knowledge of safety requirements and practices is desired.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials handling is a plus.
- Good math skills with experience measuring volume and weight, calculating units of measure and using fractions and percentages.
- Basic computer skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to follow strictly and accurately all instructions (written and verbal)
- Able to pay attention to detail
- Experience in the use of machinery and hand tools
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Focus on safety, health and environment
- Hands-on mentality
- Eager to work hard
- Ability to work overtime as needed