Our client, a manufacturing company in Hiram, OH is looking for a qualified Production Supervisor to join their team.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for maintaining smooth production flows on all lines while safely producing a high-quality product in the most efficient way possible.
Shift: Current opening on 2nd shift (managing employees working from 3pm – 11pm Mon – Fri). Rotate weekend coverage with other supervisors.
Require flexibility for any shift (rotate supervisors periodically, as noted above.) This does not mean the supervisor will change each week. The rotations occur periodically every few years or as needed for projects. Anticipate a rotation during expansion within next 2 years.
- Organize, lead and supervise production employees; solve problems before they develop.
- Provide assistance, coaching and guidance to line employees; fostering an environment that allows them to accomplish daily tasks and achieve goals.
- Communicate and follow-up effectively
- Delegate responsibilities as needed.
- Manage daily production boards and hourly target feedback.
- Observe and evaluate line processes and personnel.
- Coordinate with production schedules for daily scheduling changes and updates.
- Schedule employee vacations.
- Perform daily system functions to track production scanning, consumption, errors, etc.
- Maintain accurate records and employee files
- Lead and motivate by example.
- Set expectations and hold employees accountable.
- Process daily employee issues and complaints; actively listen and provide tactful feedback.
- Facilitate and assist with special projects, customer requests, samples, etc.
- Work closely with the quality control department, assisting with information gathering and follow-up.
- Assist with selection, hiring, advancement, transfer, promotion and termination decisions for the department.
- Evaluate employee performance.
- Administer employee discipline as needed.
- Assure a safe work environment.
- All employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies & procedures.
- All employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Associate’s degree or Technical education or commensurate experience.
- 4 years of supervisory experience or more.
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
- Ability to make sound, independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience.
- Ability to provide leadership, support, communication and direction to line personnel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve beyond routine issues.
- Ability to coach, lead and develop employees.
- Ability to make sound/independent decisions relating to order/production issues.
- Basic computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Kronos experience.
- SAP experience.
- MES experience.