Purchasing Agent / Inventory Control
Solon, OH | Direct Hire
Our client is dedicated to supplying its customers with a wide array of industrial insulation products and solutions that cover the most demanding insulation applications. They currently have a Purchasing Agent / Inventory Control position available and they're looking for top talent like you!
The hours for this position will be 8:00am - 5:00pm with 1 hour for lunch
Pay is $45K - $48K based on experience.
Summary: Experienced Purchasing Agent needed for a multi-company, multi-location operation with manufacturing and distribution operations. Must have experience managing purchasing and inventory utilizing ERP system and related integrated inventory management software. Person must be capable of multi-tasking in a high-paced environment with thousands of inventory items.
This position requires following-up and researching requests from sales; generating purchase orders; analyzing costs; developing good vendor relationships; resolving problems and disputes with vendors; and monitoring the flow of goods. Additional duties include: processing back-orders, drop-shipments, material transfers, and monitoring production-entry receipts. Process receipt of goods, receipt of invoices (drop shipments), production entry, and intercompany receipt of goods. Other duties include the maintenance of inventory and purchasing records, including literature.
- Fulfill sales requests by obtaining price quotes, availability of material, and addressing any other sales related questions concerning products.
- Keep inventory costs current by notifying sales of any vendor price increases and updating inventory and purchasing records in the accounting system.
- Check on-hand quantities on inventory items for sales, when requested, to ensure that items having low stock levels are physically available for sale
Maintain Adequate Stock Levels:
- Purchase material to maintain regular stock levels of inventory and ensure that all material requirements are met.
- Analyze inventory by location to determine appropriate on-hand, reorder, and maximum stock levels.
- Analyze re-order point quantity information including analysis for various locations
Purchase Order Generating:
- Generate purchase orders with appropriate vendors to ensure adequate material requirements are met at appropriate costs.
- Attach confirmations to purchase orders, updating the "date required" field with the estimated delivery date and update the header comment field with the projected ship date.
- Follow-up with purchase orders placed to ensure the timely delivery of materials.
- Schedule and order raw material shipments from vendors based on communication and information from production departments.
Transfer Inventory to Other Locations:
- Maintain adequate inventory levels for all company locations.
- Transfer material in the system' using established procedures' between locations.
- Transfer material between local storage facilities.
Receipt of Goods and Invoice Preparation:
- Upon receipt of signed and dated packing lists, company Receiver forms, and delivery receipts - transfer backordered sales orders to shipping.
- Match received paperwork to purchase orders and invoices.
- Determine freight for landed cost and record the amounts on the invoices for Receipt of Goods entry.
- Ensure invoiced price are correct and match established system vendor pricing.
- Cost non-stock inventory items on sales orders.
Approve Vendor Invoices and Inbound Freight Invoice:
- Match vendor pricing against company pricing and approve vendor invoices for payment.
- Approve inbound freight bills for payment, making sure that the landed cost reflects the actual charges invoiced.
- Reconcile inbound freight records from Simplified Logistics with landed freight used for receipt postings.
- Prepare and submit purchase orders, for sales orders to be drop shipped, to the appropriate vendor with shipping and other instructions.
Physical Inventory Support:
- Support physical inventories by performing required tasks.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Fast learner
- Internet literate — able to research products & vendors as needed
- Good mathematical aptitude.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Impeccable business etiquette.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to adapt and respond to changing business needs.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Attentive to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and focus in a busy office setting.
- Ability to work with other departments and companies throughout the organization
- Willingness to train and help others
- Ability to make sound business decisions
- Willingness to seek the advice and opinions of others throughout the organization
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Bachelor degree is a plus
- 5+ years of previous buying experience
- Inventory control and logistics experience
- Accounting software experience (SAGE ERP experience a plus)
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days
- Flexible spending account program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Credit union membership
- 401k/profit sharing