Our client in Euclid, OH, specializes in heavy-gage stamping. They are searching for the ideal person to fill their position of Quality Manager.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for developing and maintaining a system to assure that all products manufactured by the organization meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels
DETAILS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and direct department activities and personnel.
- Establish, implement and maintain Quality System and related procedures and monitor.
- Establish and implement department programs and objectives to attain the overall goals and objectives of the company.
- Work with Engineering Department and customers in the design stage of new projects.
- Schedule and drive root cause analysis meeting with other departments (RCCA), 8-D, 5 -Why, fishbone diagrams, etc
- Provide quality support to Teams and other departments as needed.
- Involvement in the selection, management and evaluation of suppliers.
- Departmental budgeting.
- Involvement in short and long term corporate planning as related to quality objectives and organizational structure
- Safety of Quality department personnel.
- Inspect and evaluate work area and eliminate safety hazards if possible.
- Document changes made and hazards that have not been eliminated and submit to Management Committee.
- Investigate all Quality dept. accidents and develop plan to prevent similar accidents from occurring.
- Assist in the development of the training plan for Quality personnel and other departments.
- Establish Quality System and related procedures to provide guidance for production and other departments.
- Communicate and implement System with all departments.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with System. ( System must comply with requirements of ISO 9000, statistical process control and customer requirements ). Including time lines and monthly reports to Management Committee on progress.
- Monitor quality of parts manufactured.
- Prepare and present monthly report to Management Committee on quality status for previous month and year to date. ( Report must include number and types of rejects or problems, external or internal, trends, available quality costs, result from problem solving actions. )
- Direct and coordinate the sorting of customer parts as needed to meet customers expectations of quality and delivery.
- Direct and maintain a system to provide customer communication and resolution of quality problems.
- Review, initiate, and approve process change improvement ideas of the teams or others.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a preventative maintenance program for tooling and equipment.
- Plan and coordinate the personnel needs of Quality Department. This includes identifying and training the future of management needs.
- Timely and honest performance reviews for Quality personnel.
- General housekeeping and cleanliness of Quality Department
- Review and handle personnel situations in accordance with company handbook.
- Participate in Advanced Quality Planning Meetings.
- Handle customer quality audits
- Supplier audit program.
- Drive Internal audit program.
- Initiative actions to achieve continuous improvement goals and document process
- Other projects that may be assigned.
- Formal education in courses Statistical Analysis, Precision Measurement and Process Capability, as well as, mathematics, and industrial practices are essential for this position. College degree is required.
- Some quality assurance practices as they apply to the stamping industry can be learned during on-the-job training, but overall capability in this discipline must be previously demonstrated.
- Good communication skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make sound judgments.
- Ability to manage a multitude of different projects
- Able to travel as necessary
- Ability to communicate with all levels of corporate structure
- Demonstrate ability to learn
- Willingness to work in a team environment.