Cleveland, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client in Cleveland, OH, is North America’s leading provider of system-critical engineered fastening solutions serving blue-chip wholesalers, distributors, and original equipment manufacturers. They are searching for an exceptional Quality Technician to join their talented team!
The Quality Technician will work within the Quality Dept., verifying product quality to customer specific or regulatory requirements as directed by the Quality Manager. This position includes such responsibilities as in-process inspection, receiving inspection and final audit inspection, and performing quality planning activities such as generating in-process inspection protocols, as directed by the quality leader of the plant.
General Functions and Specific Responsibilities:
- Generate Gage Control reports detailing gages which are overdue or due in the current month.
- Set up, clean and calibrate testing and measuring equipment. Update Gage Control records as needed, as well as ensuring gages are properly identified with appropriate calibration stickers.
- Establish techniques for proper examination of product under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations. Sort, document, and report on NCM as directed.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards.
- Organize, prepare test reports results and send to customer as needed.
- Perform review and acceptance of outside processing and or raw material certifications, under supervision of Quality Engineer. Scan and file both electronically and hard copy.
- Under supervision of Quality Engineer, produce certifications for shipments when required.
- After appropriate training, independently create ballooned drawings, Inspection Protocols, and embed quality requirements in Epicor methods under supervision of Quality Engineer.
- Interface daily with management about work priorities and progress of projects.
- Conduct in-process inspection requirements as directed by QA leader and/or production schedule.
- Conduct receiving inspection of raw materials, materials returning from outside processing as directed by the QA leader and/or production schedule.
- Conduct final audit of finished product and paperwork prior to customer shipment as directed by QA leader and/or production schedule, including working with customer source or government/military inspectors to release shipments.
- Report discrepancies, complete non-conformance reporting documentation and enter data into spreadsheets or ERP system as directed.
- Complete necessary certification reports/paperwork for all product inspected.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Strong work ethic
- Exceptional safety and quality awareness
- Mechanical aptitude
- Adaptable to changing schedules
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Team work
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
Essential Job Functions
- Operate computer and keyboard
- Able to use phone
- Sit for long periods
- Communicate using speech, hearing and vision skills
- Moderate lifting – no greater than 40 lbs
- Moderate reaching, pushing, pulling, gripping and grasping
- No fine manipulation or fine manual dexterity required
- Ability to stand for a full shift in addition to walking, climbing stairs and bending as required