Brooklyn Heights, OH | Temp to Hire
Our client, headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina with a location in Brooklyn Hts., OH, is the premier distributor of plastic sheet, rod, tube, film, and associated products, with over 70 years of industry-leading heritage.
They are looking for a dependable Warehouse Worker to join their team!
- Perform tasks associated with the receipt, storage, shipment and fabrication of product and materials
- Unload / load trailers
- Pick / pack / ship stock / cycle count material
- Use established tools, equipment and technologies required to complete transactions related to In/Out-bound processes within the warehouse
- Adhere to and enforce basic housekeeping standards, safe operating procedures; e.g. OSHA, PPE, etc. and basic building maintenance
- Assists with Shipping and Receiving Department
- Plan, organize and monitor the receiving, storage and distribution of all items received from vendors
- Perform accurate and timely physical counts related to warehouse productivity and inventory accuracy
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements and maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment by supporting, following and enforcing standards.
- Moves inventory by scheduling material to be moved to and from warehouse. Shipment confirmation, inventory management and picking/packing/shipping of orders
- Research orders, follow-up on hot orders and check systems to confirm order status
- Handling customer pickups
- Expediting daily orders and shipments
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Use Personal Protection Equipment and all safety equipment when necessary and hold other associates accountable for safe working practices.
- Maintain inventory accuracy through effective use of computerized scanning equipment and other inventory maintenance reports
- Ability to facilitate and develop effective relationships with 3rd party freight carriers
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent customer satisfaction by providing unmatched quality & service
- Work effectively with others in a team based environment to accomplish company goals and to identify and resolve customer issues
- Follow all safety procedures
- High School diploma or GED required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis; up to 75 lbs occasionally
- Experience with MS Office and basic math skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must pass the drug test as part of the selection process
- Must pass a background investigation as part of the selection process
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States