5 Axis CNC Machinist
Euclid, OH 44117
Our client in Euclid, OH, is a leading premium supplier of technology metals. They have a current opening for a 5-Axis CNC Machinist. This person will be responsible for setting up and operating complex milling jobs with minimal supervision and ensuring parts conform to job specifications and requirements.
Job Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Sets up and operates numerically controlled equipment to perform various machine functions, such as cutting, turning, drilling, milling, reaming, boring, and broaching of metallic and nonmetallic work pieces.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, routing sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Prepares and pre-sets all tools needed for numerically controlled equipment in defined department.
- Verifies that fixture setup meets acceptable quality standards regarding turning, milling, and boring sizes, depths, angles, or other specifications.
- Mounts, aligns, and secures tooling, attachments, and work piece on machine.
- Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine magazines or turret.
- Loads control media in machine controller or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed instructions from database.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to regulate position spindle or head in relationship to work piece and to regulate key process performance variables.
- Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- 5 Axis CNC machining experience
- Knowledge of GD&T tolerancing
- Advanced math skills are required to perform necessary job functions
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and layouts
- Utilize measuring equipment (optical comparator, micrometers, dial calipers, dial indicators and any necessary inspection equipment) and computer software programs
- CAD/CAM software training/experience
- Display competence in operating and maintaining all machines in defined department.
APPLY TODAY – CALL OR VISIT US ONLINE: