Find the right opportunity for you.
Assembly and Shipping Associate
Willoughby, OH 44094 US
$17-$25/hr., depending upon experience
Assemble subassemblies as needed, pull and label parts to fill customer orders, pack, and ship orders by performing the duties described below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble subassemblies as needed for customer orders, and as needed by assembly and repair department.
- Pull, label and pack parts customer orders accurately, neatly and efficiently.
- Report any shortages or potential shortages of parts in the approved manner.
- Pack new tools for shipping insuring that all necessary owners manuals and tools are included with each tool, and that tools are packed so as to arrive undamaged to the customer. Palletize, band and wrap large orders as necessary to insure that no boxes or parts come off of the pallet during shipping.
- Operate the UPS computer correctly so that packages arrive at their correct destination, with all contact information and purchase order numbers displayed correctly. Fill out paperwork correctly for shipping using other methods then UPS.
- Check incoming orders against packing lists, and deliver to appropriate inspectors, departments or individuals, or put into inventory as appropriate.
- Return unused parts, tools and assemblies to inventory correctly, neatly and accurately.
- Identify all parts in inventory. Put parts away into inventory as needed.
- Restock parts bins from overstock as needed.
- Strive to improve assembly times and quality for subassemblies.
- Assist others in assembly or repair as needed.
- Operate stamping machine as needed. Deburr parts as needed.
- Keep work area, part storage, and surrounding areas clean and safe.
- Support positive work environment.
- Inform supervisor immediately of any situations which may pose a safety hazard or may result in damage to facility, machines or tooling.
- Review job description and inform supervisor of any necessary corrections or revisions.
- Perform self-performance evaluations as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or 3 years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The individual must be able to communicate effectively with others.
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.