Eastlake, OH 44095 US
Pay is dependent upon skills
In this role you will be considered a key member of the Finance team, partnering with the Controller to drive financial visibility, reporting, and execution. The Assistant Controller works closely with the Controller, Finance/Accounting team & leadership team, providing strategic analysis and decision support with out-of-the-box thinking, along with accurate financial & operational metrics.
- Participate in the day-to-day accounting function for the company, including month end close, revenue, inventory, cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable.
- Generate daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting packages for Controller and General Manager, providing analytics, summaries, and bridges on variances & period activity
- Drive cost accounting and manufacturing accounting initiatives to improve operational metrics, scorecards, and inventory management
- Interact with various team members at the site ranging from Manufacturing Supervisors to Executives, providing financial information, training and guidance
- Provide oversight for internal and external audit activities, along with other compliance efforts
- Partner with Controller to drive improvement initiatives across the accounting organization
- Provide ROI and ad-hoc analysis to substantiate business decisions and capital investments
- Leverage MS Excel and database skills to support data management for reporting and analysis
- Partner with Controller for review of monthly account reconciliations
- Lead project teams to complete business initiatives on time and within budget
- Support & backup to other accounting team members
- Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
- Comply with all safety, GAAP and FASB policies and procedures
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent & bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required.
- Experience: 5+ years previous experience in a professional Accounting/Finance role with progressive responsibility required, 3+ years in a manufacturing environment required, 2+ years in public accounting strongly preferred, 1+ year direct/indirect leadership experience required
- Data management experience preferred (SQL, Progress, QAD/ERP systems)
- Certifications/Licenses: CPA strongly preferred
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Attention to detail, ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), ability to work with others through complex situations.
This company offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes a bonus program that is paid quarterly, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K with company match, paid vacation and holidays.
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.