Painesville, OH 44077
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to interview for the position of Boiler Operators for THE LUBRIZOL CORPORATION, one of the top 50 places to work in the country!
Start on Days; move to Rotating Shift
The Boiler Operator will report to the Utilities Supervisor and is responsible for performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate natural gas fired steam boilers.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Use of chemicals to analyze and balance water systems.
- Operate a waste heat recovery incinerator.
- Operate process sewer treatment system.
- Pack and unload drums.
- General housekeeping.
- Ability to operate industrial high-pressure washer.
- Grind filter cake for slurry feed to WHRI.
- Safely operate and work with industrial equipment using the proper PPE and safety procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited school.
- Must possess Ohio 3rd Class Stationary Engineer License.
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal/written).
- Ability to plan tasks and work independently.
- Occasionally wear SCBA.
- Participate in plant emergency response organization at the discretion of management.
- Possess basic mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer skills.
Considered a Plus:
- Previous experience with digital control operating systems.
- Previous experience with Hazardous Waste Handling.
- Previous forklift and tow motor experience.
- Knowledge of chemistry and chemical hazards.
- Previous experience operating an industrial high pressure washer.
- Previous experience in safety teams or industrial safety training.
- Previous experience in manufacturing and/or chemical industry.
- Knowledge of MSDS.
- Ability to move material (lift truck).
- Physical ability to move drums weighing up to 800 lbs.
- Ability to lift up to100 lbs.
- Willing/able to work outdoors in inclement weather.
- Ability to climb stairs or work in partially confined areas.
- Willing to work rotating 12 hour shifts and overtime.
- Maintain clean shaven appearance to allow for respirator usage.