Our client, a manufacturing company in Hiram, OH is looking for a Bulk Cheese Handler to join their team!
The Line Attendant prepares and cuts product to meet customer specifications in compliance with company policy.
- Maintain and clean area, equipment, and personal sanitation
- De-box/unwrap cheese from original packaging
- Weigh cheese when applicable
- Manual measurement and countdown of cheese needed for customer and order specs
- Inspect/clean cheese
- Maintain accurate production records
- Keep line stocked with product to assure no down time
- Operate cutters and lifting equipment
- Load cheese into machines/onto equipment for further processing
- Pack and seal trim
- Productive use of down time
- Review order specifications to perform quality checks against customer orders
- Direct/communicate to line personnel on order specifications and quality issues
- Enter data on production reports
- Communicate to line personnel on safety issues
- Perform handheld functions using handheld scanner
- Operate a manual pallet jack
- Ability to rotate to all lines; all Bulk positions
- Disassembly and assembly of equipment
- Understand the calibration of assigned equipment
- Troubleshoot for the technical and mechanical functions of the assigned positions
- All employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies & procedures.
- All employees are expected to product or products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in the Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School diploma or GED
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment
- Ability to make minor decisions based on standard practices
- Ability to read, prepare, and comprehend production report and worksheets
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability to communicate with line personnel regarding information contained therein, and regarding quality and safety issues
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ability to promote teamwork and function within the framework of the team
- MES experience
- SAP experience
- Basic computer skills