CAD Designer - Lubrizol
The CAD Drafter/Operator creates and establishes design drawings consistent with good practices and conformance to current Codes & Standards. The CAD operator applies standard drafting techniques to generate and interpret drawings in support of assigned projects, ensuring that all established company design standards and practices are followed. In addition, help in maintaining the filing structure for current and archived engineering documents.
- Generate design and detail drawings utilizing current AutoCAD software to support Lead Engineers. (Architectural, mechanical, electrical, piping/plumbing & underground utilities).
- Manage and maintain Project Documentation (e.g., vault system, flat files, reference/stick files, CAD drawings).
- Interacts with other engineering disciplines and works collaboratively with others in a team environment to accomplish objectives.
- Work with existing drawing database system to import new and existing drawings into the current database.
- Be familiar with the operation of large format plotting and print copying equipment.
- Help to scan and import existing manual drawings into pdf files for import into drawing database system.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate Degree / certificate in computer-aided design (or equivalent preferred).
- 3+ years of relevant and successful experience utilizing AutoCAD software to create construction drawings. (Mechanical / Electrical drawing experience a plus).
- Good computer skills, including fluency in AutoCAD 2017 or newer, MS Word and MS Excel applications.
- Have history of successfully preparing 2D design drafting drawings that include new construction, plant design, as well as documenting process of change and as-built modifications.
- Ability to easily manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD Vault software is a plus.
- Familiarity with the use and care of personal safety equipment.
Hourly Wage: Corresponding with job experience.
Full time (Contract) position