Our client located in Eastlake, OH specializes in close tolerance CNC machining of all types of Stainless Steels, Nickel Alloys, Titanium, Aluminum, Steel and Brass in complex configurations for Aerospace/Defense customers.
They are in need of an experienced CMM Programmer/Operator to join their talented team!
Direct Hire Opportunity
The Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Programmer will be responsible for writing CMM programs to verify dimensions of complex high precision metal parts. This position will include:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, develop, validate and debug CMM programs and provide the supporting QA documentation.
- Must be able to operate a CMM with a high degree of competency.
- Must have a high degree of competency in GD&T and with plate inspection/hand gages/comparators.
- Complete final inspections and develop final inspection reports, first article inspection reports, and other reports required by our customers, using Excel and other software.
- Communicate with all stakeholders, supervisors, engineers, and production personnel to meet customer/shop floor needs.
- Support the development and improvement of measuring systems and effective programming.
- Recommend and implement programming best practices and aspire to support measurement systems for the manufacturing organization.
- Recommend, implement as directed, support, and provide continuous improvement of lean measuring systems through effective programming and up to date measuring practices.
- Design adequate work holdings for part inspection.
- Troubleshoot and solve both machine issues and related problems in the measuring process.
- Train manufacturing and quality personnel on CMM machines.
- Maintain CMM and work area.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, highly analytical, uses fact-based problem-solving methods
- Competitive; takes ownership and demonstrates a bias for action.
- Responsible, disciplined, and accountable, leads by example… attention to detail.
- Is a champion of lean methods.
- Respect for others, high integrity, operates effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with strong organizational skills
- Growth oriented, looks for the best practice, continuous improvement mentality
- Innovative and creative… applies new approaches to solving problems.
- Strong interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; post-secondary training or trade school preferred
- Minimum of 3 years GD&T experience required
- Experience with AS9100 Quality Management Systems
- Proficiency with SolidWorks & Microsoft Office tools.
APPLY TODAY – CALL OR VISIT US ONLINE: