Find the right opportunity for you.
CNC Machine Operator
Willoughby, OH 44094 US
$20-$30/hr., depending upon experience
(higher pay ranges must be very knowledgeable and be able to do setups)
Operation of conventional, special purpose and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the duties below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use calipers, micrometers and other inspection equipment. Read and understand schematic and dimensional drawings.
- Compare computer printout with original program to insure accuracy of machine instructions.
- Write programs. Calculate and set controls, and regulate machining factors such as speed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, and sequence of operations.
- Edit programs. Enter commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control. Revise programs, with supervisor’s assistance, to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out of tolerance machining, and adjust machine as required. Inform supervisor immediately of any situations which may pose a safety hazard or may result in damage to facility, machines or tooling.
- Verify conformance of finished work to specifications, or seek assistance from inspection personnel to insure conformance.
- Operate all machines in turning department safely and correctly.
- Measure, mark and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent turning, milling or machining.
- Strive to improve set up and cycle times.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers or others to resolve turning, machining or assembly problems.
- Update individual part/job file at end of each job.
- Complete daily work sheet and turn in at end of each workday.
- Maintain and do minor machine repairs, including regular preventive maintenance.
- Return unused and good used tooling to inventory and report any shortages.
- Keep machine and surrounding areas clean. Keep floor oil free.
- Assist other co-workers as necessary.
- Review job description and inform supervisor of any necessary corrections or revisions.
- Perform self-performance evaluations as required.
- Observe all required safety rules and report any violations or unsafe practices or situations to supervisor or safety officer immediately.
- Support positive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to define problems, collect data and draw valid conclusions. The individual must have the ability to understand and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with program problems. The individual must be able to communicate effectively with others
Education and Experience High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or 3 years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mathematical Skills Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.