CNC Machine Shop Manager
Willoughby, OH 44094
Our client in Willoughby, OH, is currently seeking a commercially-oriented CNC Machine Shop Manager to lead their CNC and manual machine shop.
$70k+/yr., depending on experience
- Manage a two-shift machine shop and assembly department with sophisticated CNC equipment as well as traditional manual machines.
- Supervise and manage programming, tooling and fixturing of cast nylon near net shape castings, traditional machining of component parts as well as providing input for the job quoting process.
- Work closely with our QA department to ensure parts meet customer requirements.
- Work closely with Sales and engineering to identify creative machining solutions to attract new business and continuous process improvement to improve profitability of existing business.
** This is a management position reporting directly to our Director of Operations.
** If you are currently a lead person, supervisor, or manager in a CNC machine shop environment and looking for the opportunity to advance your career and run your own operation, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
** Equal Opportunity Employer giving special consideration to our military veterans that have served our country.
As this is a Management Position within our organization, only resumes with salary requirements will be considered.
Benefits: Excellent Compensation package including managers performance incentives, companywide incentive program, Uniforms, Medical, Rx, Dental, STD, LTD, FSA, Life, 401-K, Vacation, Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement
The Successful candidate will have the following capabilities and qualifications:
- 7-10 years of experience managing a machine shop with 10+ employees
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate and lead production employees, with accompanying accomplishments
- Extensive experience with CNC equipment, programming, tooling fixturing, speeds & feeds, operating sequences
- Strong background in fixturing applications for machining of unique casting configurations.
- Understand and perform programming for Mazak, Haas, and Enshu using Gibbs software or other programming languages including but not limited to BobCAD-CAM, SolidWorks, AutoCad, Microsoft office products and Global Shop
- Hands on management style, able to interact with other department heads in Engineering, Production Planning, Purchasing, Sales.
- Ability to interface with customers.
- Plastics machining experience a plus, we only machine cast nylon materials, limited metals.
- Experience driving commercial success through creative and flexible work solutions
- Must be able to read blueprints and identify multiple paths for economic evaluation
- Ability to define and manage best practices and SOPs to support ISO and customer expectations.
- LEAN/5S experience a plus.