CNC Mill Operator
Our client located in Eastlake, OH specializes in close tolerance CNC machining of all types of Stainless Steels, Nickel Alloys, Titanium, Aluminum, Steel and Brass in complex configurations.
They are in need of CNC Mill Operators to join their successful operation!
The CNC Lathe/Mills Setup/Operator will work with our team of engineers and machinist to help produce a variety of products for industries including Aerospace, Defense, process control and other applications. The ideal candidate will play a key role in the organization assisting with manufacturing of products in an environment that is fast paced and dynamic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates numerical control machine to cut, shape or form metal work pieces to specifications
- Review setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to set up instructions using clamps, bolts, hand tools, power tools and measuring instruments such a rule and calipers.
- Assembles cutting tools n tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified, using hand tools, or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
- Loads control media, such as disk, tape, or punch card, in machine control console or enter commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from data base.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operations to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in set p instructions. Measures work piece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators and gauges
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
- May adjust machine feed and speed and change cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions
- May machine materials other than metal such as composites, plastic and rubber.
- May instruct other workers
- May use statistical process control techniques
- Other duties as assigned
Performance Metrics and Expectations:
- On-time delivery
- Production rates
- Quality Essential Traits:
- Attention to detail/thoroughness
- JDO-01 Rev- 1-11-12
- Good problem solving skill
- Good communication
- Customer service oriented
- Hard working/Hands on
- Makes and meets commitments
- High sense of urgency
- Highly ethical, demonstrate respect for individuals
- Continuous improvement minoser Education and Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read / interpret blueprints
- Experience using various mechanical inspection tools
- Understanding of CNC Programing and G&M Codes
- Knowledge of CNC equipment
- Knowledgeable with Word and Excel
The physical demands described here are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities that may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.