Our client located in Cleveland, OH, is North America's leading provider of system-critical engineered fastening solutions serving blue chip wholesalers, distributors, and original equipment manufacturers.
They need a Centerless Grinder to join their successful operation.
The Centerless Grinder Completely and independently sets up and operates two or more center-less grinding machines to perform in feed form grinding of external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal work pieces to blueprint specifications of the highest level of complexity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads blueprints and job order for product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground, and tooling instructions such as grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used.
- Performs all set-ups in a timely manner to meet production schedules. Maintains operations on two or more machines concurrently. Plans operations so that setups are performed on one machine while the other is producing parts.
- Mounts grinding wheel and regulates wheel on spindles with wrenches. Dresses wheels to specifications.
- Moves controls to set specified grinding speeds, feed rates and spacing between wheel faces.
- Starts machines and observes operation.
- Verifies dimensions of ground work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Changes worn grinding wheels.
- Sets up automatic work feeding device.
- High School diploma or GED. Additional education and/or training preferred.
- Manual and Automatic Surface Grinding (experience with Cincinnati grinders is preferred).
- Must be able to grind a radius and angles while holding tolerances of + or – 0.0002 of an inch.
- Experience with set-up and operation (4 years minimum).
- Experience reading and working with blue prints.
- Very good shop math skills.
- Strong working knowledge of measuring equipment such as micrometers, verniers, etc.
- Dependability is a must while work independently as well as successfully contributing as part of a team.