Find the right opportunity for you.
Wickliffe, OH 44092 US
$25+/hr., depending upon experience
- Accurately charge raw materials to reactors ranging in size from 1 to 1000 gallons according to written instructions prepared by engineers.
- Set up and process raw materials in development lab using piping, glassware and other lab equipment according to written instructions and diagrams drafted by engineer.
- Collect samples and conduct lab analyses (colorimetric titrations, viscosity measurements, etc.) according to instructions outlined by engineers or supervisor and accurately record the data.
- Package, label and store chemical product in proper containers; deliver finished material to the appropriate shelves for storage and distribution to different process engineers or other internal customers.
- Troubleshoot, identify and communicate issues that may arise while running a process; recommend changes in work/chemical processes and equipment to improve safety, efficiency and integrity of operations.
- Maintain equipment and tools in good working order, and report all equipment problems to supervisor, engineers and/or maintenance personnel.
- Provide timely status updates to the foremen on special requests or projects that have been moved up in priority.
- Serve on Lubrizol Wickliffe’s emergency response team (job requirement).
- Support the Wickliffe site’s VPP and RCMS initiatives.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willingness and ability to participate on the emergency response team (job requirement).
- Computer skills, Excel/Microsoft Word, web enabled mainframe.
- Mechanical aptitude, familiar with standard mixers and scales.
- Able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, batch sheets, operating instructions and process and instrument diagrams.
- Good basic math skills (decimals, fractions and proportions).
- Able to work with the metric system (volumes and weights).
- Able to stay constructively busy and maintain focus during extended processing holds.
- Modify process based on observations and samples collected during process (i.e. adjust speed of material feed, amount of ingredient, flow, etc.)
- Determines when to engage internal maintenance.
- Identifies potential safety issues and makes recommendations for action or resolution.
- Competencies include: quality of work, quantity of work, communications, adaptability, technical skills, problem solving & decision making.
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times.
- Maintain an attendance and dependability record consistent with departmental standards.
- Demonstrate good initiative and self-motivation.
- Demonstrate excellent safety behavior.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be reliable and flexible to handle the changing work load and priorities.
- Follow all company and department process procedures, documentation, and policies.
Meet Your Recruiter
When you need someone who is going to go above and beyond to find you a candidate, Ben is your guy. Ben is a systematic and relentless Sourcing Specialist at our Vector Solon Branch. He works tirelessly to help those in need of a new position by getting the process started and connecting candidates with a recruiter.
Before coming to Vector, Ben was very successful as a server/bartender at a local restaurant. He still enjoys using the tricks of his trade with that and makes his loved one’s food and drinks on a regular basis. Furthermore, Ben loves to relish the time he has making music and play video games. He also loves to roll around on his skateboard and just be outside.