Willoughby, OH 44094 US
Salary is dependent upon experience
• Perform specialized and advanced analyses, testing, and formulation of new and existing paint products and requirements.
• Perform small batch/sample manufacture, color matching, and testing. Assist in developing and specifying processes for coatings scale-up and manufacture.
• Evaluate new and existing raw materials for product improvement, availability, and/or cost benefits.
• Prepare reports and documents detailing project design, results, and conclusions; recommend additional actions or research.
• Support existing product lines via internal and external customer interaction, including technical service visits.
• Perform daily housekeeping of laboratory and associated areas, functioning within safety guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (science or engineering). Prior experience in a paint or chemical laboratory preferred. Or, a Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated discipline with two to five years related experience in a paint or chemical laboratory. Will consider a combination of experience and education.
- Waterborne formulation and UV technology experience required.
- Experience with solvent-borne, and 2K components a plus.
- Familiarity with design of experiment approach (DOE) and the ability to design, document, report, interpret and present findings as well as design follow-up experiments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to a variety of people (i.e. customers, public groups, top management, and boards of directors).
- Ability to operate, maintain, and calibrate a variety of specialized test and lab equipment, including color spectrophotometer.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and prior experience with formulation/processing software, color analysis and matching programs, or willingness and ability to learn.
- Exceptional mathematical, problem solving, documentation and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer locations as needed. Valid driver’s license and ability to be insured through the company’s insurer.
- Candidates must be able to pass a color test, regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, wear a fitted respirator and dust mask, and tolerate solvent odors and other chemicals used within the facility.
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.