Director Supply Chain
Our client, a global provider of engineered electronics, is looking for the ideal candidate to become their Director of Supply Chain at their Perry, OH facility.
Plans, develops, and establishes policies and objectives of business organization in accordance with corporate directives by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent balance of strategic, tactical, and operational skills with an EMS background and can execute and deliver successful results. Interaction and leadership across functional lines is essential.
At the Director level of professional development, the candidate will be able to concisely articulate all of the interactions and factors that contribute to the final outcome.
The right candidate will have demonstrated solid leadership in leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. This candidate is expected to perform using best practices for scheduling, monitoring, tracking and execution of projects intermediate-to-large scale for cross functional, and company-wide critical programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or law.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecast or changes.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Design or implement supply chains that support environmental policies.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Locate or select biodegradable, non-toxic, or other environmentally friendly raw materials for manufacturing processes.
- Provides continuous support to the Customer Focus team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Individual must be able to maintain confidentiality and have good Judgment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A pleasant professional image is expected at all times. Candidate will be expected to exhibit high ethical standards and promote the same within the company.
Education/Experience/Credentials: Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred but not required. Ten years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Excellent communication both written and verbal. Ability to read and analyze periodicals, business reports, correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, Team Members and the general public. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. The Individual must possess strong skills in grammar and proofreading.
Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to collect data, solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to maintain a professional and positive image in any situation using good judgment.
Computer Skills: Ability to use office software, including Word processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, Slide Presentations, Internet browsers, E-mail, and business systems software.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has supervisory responsibilities.