Director of Sales
Our client, in Novelty, OH, is a full-service design/build company for outdoor living spaces. They are looking for an experienced Director of Sales.
The ideal candidate will oversee business development and sales management of new and existing customers to reach company revenue goals.
$75k-$100k/yr. plus bonus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospects, develops leads process and sells minimum of $1,000,000 annually
- Develops annual revenue budget, executes and manages monthly results
- Manages personal, business and community relationships with intention of developing sales
- Manages total Sales volume for the company as to meet company goals
- Manages own and oversees direct reports pipelines, backlogs, in progress and completed work
- Works with Leadership Team to develop strategic growth plans
- Leads the sales team meetings and holds other sales associates, designers, estimators accountable
- Manages and facilitates the design process through personal efforts and outsourced subs
- Estimating of D/B landscape, maintenance and snow removal as necessary
- Initiates and sees through all invoicing in coordination with Admin Team
- Executes and tracks all change orders with clients
- Defines project scope, acquires bids and approves all invoices from subcontractors
- Ensures weekly meetings are held for hand off of Sales to Production on projects
- Responsible for answering questions to customers that relate to various topics of the industry standards.
- Monitor and analyze the financial performance of landscape projects to ensure timeliness, profitability, and customer satisfaction
- Maintain continuous communication with internal and external contacts and participates in Executive and Management Team meetings and other company wide initiatives as needed.
- Assists in the follow through items on the marketing plan/budget, designs and photographs as necessary to reach goals
- Culture Building – Responsible for team morale. Monitor staff needs. Enthusiastically lead the team to achieve the corporate goals. Demonstrate role model behaviors on ethics and integrity as well as positively promote the company culture.
- Develop and implement comprehensive standard sales process and training program for the company
- Operational Systems Development. Develop strategic and tactical plans for the company. Determine how to effectively increase profitability and grow the business in our market. Maintain the company’s systems and infrastructure to provide the most important use of time and efficiency through our processes.
- Exclusive sales and marketing representative for high end design-build clients, prospects and PR.
- Manages branding and marketing plans, developing new initiatives and executing visionary directives.
- Development of annual sales forecast(dashboard) including divisional goals, team goals and personal goals.
- Schedules and performs 30-day, 6-month and one year follow ups with D/B customers
- Involved in at least one outside community organizations with monthly involvement
- Produces weekly progress report for clients as needed.
The Sales and Marketing Manager oversees all sales activities including but not limited to sales goals, prospecting activities, pipelines, sold backlogs, estimating and sold project completion documentation for all landscape documents while communicating to the division managers on all these items.
Planning, organizing and negotiating skills, business knowledge, communication skills, personal accountability, performance management and employee development, and ability to foster a respectful workplace.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Landscape Architecture Degree is a plus.
Intermediate personal computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc., BOSS LM landscape software experience is a plus.
- Sandler Presidents Club Status
- Registered Landscape Architect or APLD Certification; (verifiable industry experience of greater than 5 years can substitute)
- Certified Landscape Professional (CLP)