Painesville, OH 44077
The Engineering Assistant will report to the Engineering Services Manager and will be partnering with Project Engineering and the Automation Support Group to obtain and maintain goals of improving department efficiency, interdepartmental communication, decrease costs, and improve productivity. This position will be responsible for a variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks related to engineering, project management, purchasing, design, process improvement and departmental effectiveness. This person will be responsible to help implement the Painesville capital plan. Supporting Project Engineers and Automation Support Groups is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Standardize and maintain new employee on-boarding process.
- Organize and administer department safety meetings.
- Provide back-up support for CADD designer.
- Standardize and produce department reporting for budgets, project status, and construction status.
- Point of contact for maintenance project creators
- Act as Procurement liaison by managing project RFPs and RFQs.
- Generate and track purchase orders for project leads and engineers on capital projects.
- Produce and issue approval and construction packages for department project leaders.
- Issue, track and update Gantt charts for project coordination and scheduling, including both project and construction priorities.
- Schedule project walk-thrus and manage resulting action items.
- Produce and issue Request To Close forms for completed projects.
- Support the installation, implementation and training for new and updated software and programs.
- Maintain document management and update department standards and capital project documents.
- Identify and implement improved department processes to be Best in Class
- Additional duties as assigned
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- High School graduate, and have at least two years of college education in a pre-engineering curriculum, or a high school graduate with four to six years of practical experience in related civil engineering or construction work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Projects, OneNote, Teams) with the ability to learn and implement new programs.
- Experience with SAP and AutoCAD.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to troubleshoot processes; define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple and simultaneous projects as well as have the ability to develop positive working relationships.
- Make decisions independently
- Strong interpersonal skills