Estimator - CNC Machine Shop
Our client is a fast-growing manufacturing company located in Willoughby, Ohio on Cleveland’s eastside. They have a current opening in their Sales Department for an Estimator-CNC Machine Shop.
Estimator–CNC Machine Shop will provide machined parts quotes to channel partners, in conjunction with the machine shop team. Candidate will also provide technical sales support of components for both standard and custom applications. Also performs customer service responsibility as backup to ISTM group. Performs cost estimating functions as needed. Responsible for developing cost estimates and price quotes for orders, conducting cost analyses to determine profitability by product and production process, and for refining estimating tools based on the results of cost analyses. Candidate will also source quotes from outside machine shops as needed.
- The ability to read Prints, Specifications, understand tolerances, dimensions
- Maintain estimating standards and procedures
- Review project documents and understand scope of work for quotations
- Prepare cost analysis for material, machining (mills, lathes, routers, saws) and assembly labor, equipment, subcontractors/outside machine shops, profit and overhead incurred per project
- Evaluate as needed cost estimates versus actual costs incurred
- Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Evaluate outside vendors, and secure quotes from outside vendors as needed, for materials, labor, lead times
- Provide technical support to team and/or customer as needed.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Fielding calls and emails from customers who may be looking for new products, replacement products, etc.
- Working in partnership with inside and outside sales teams
- Troubleshooting equipment over the phone or email.
- Helping the customer with ship dates, schedules, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience CNC quoting machined/fabricated parts
- 5+ years’ experience in customer service preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SolidWorks
- Purchasing experience
- Previous sales and/or customer service preferred
- College degree preferred; Mechanical Engineering Degree a plus