Field Systems Engineer
Lake County, OH 44060 US
1st Shift 8a-5p
$70k/yr., depending upon skills and experience
A Field Systems Engineer is responsible for callouts to service new and older existing customer manufacturing equipment and machinery. Assignments may also include involvement in multiple projects simultaneously working individually, or as part of a project team.
- Receive assignments from project management/technical lead.
- Report on status and communicate technical issues.
- Troubleshoot and configure AC / DC drive equipment
- Troubleshoot and Edit PLC and HMI application software.
- Utilize schematics to troubleshoot complex circuits
- Configure Drive, PLC, and IO communications
- Perform panel testing in the shop when needed.
- Coordinate with project management, technical leads, and/or end customers to commission systems.
- Support Customers in a field service capability on new and aging equipment.
- Report on activity to upper management
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Engineering degree or 5+ years’ experience in industrial automation.
- Strong understanding of motors and drives and how to troubleshoot them
- Aptitude in programming/configuring PLC’s (Allen Bradley, Siemens, and GE), drives (Siemens, ABB, and Allen Bradley), and or HMI packages is a plus.
- Experience in industrial electrical is strongly preferred.
- Willingness and desire to participate in ongoing training to maintain technical competency in automation products, software and complimentary areas.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Communication skills both written and verbal are required.
- Travel required approximately 60% of the time. Excellent communication and organizational skills
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Account
Health Saving Account
Paid Time Off
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.