Our client is considered a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. They are currently seeking qualified people to fill a Finisher role. This position is responsible for functions within the finishing center that support machine operations.
A Shift: 7:20am - 3:30pm
B Shift: 3:20pm - 11:30pm
C Shift: 11:20pm - 7:30am
*** Contact us for current shift openings ***
- May be assigned to duties that include packaging slit rolls to customer specifications, operating the manual packaging line, cutting cores, banding, etc.
- Sorting, labeling and packaging finished goods for shipment, per customer specifications, quality requirements and standard practices.
- Inspecting general appearance of finished product.
- Keeping area supplied with necessary packaging materials
- Preparing cores for machine operators
- Communicating and coordinating necessary information to appropriate shift/department personnel to ensure effective operations.
- Tracking multiple orders being packed at one time
- Performing duties to continuously improve quality and productivity
- Maintaining a clean, safe work area
- Performing 5S duties and audits
- Assisting in equipment maintenance activities, as directed
- Participating in group problem-solving teams and continuous improvement activities
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen.
- You must be willing and able to work overtime
- Proficiency with computer applications
- You must be able to obtain a Lift Truck Operator's license and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.