Our client located in Perry, OH is an ISO 9001:2008 certified steel service center. They are looking for the right person to join their team as a Fleet Mechanic.
Direct Hire - UNION OPPORTUNITY
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine maintenance and complete repairs on diesel/gasoline engines as well as other parts of a truck, trailer, and various other equipment.
- Perform annual inspections.
- Troubleshoot class 8 vehicles, trailers and various equipment
- Welding – mig on aluminum and HR steel
- Tire changes, mount and dismount
- Oil changes per scheduled mileage
- Alternator, battery, starter, belt replacements
- Truck and trailer servicing, shocks, air bags, brakes, tie rods, springs, tarp, sideboards (replacement as needed)
- Basic knowledge of engine rebuilds, transmissions, rear ends, PTO’s a must, electrical troubleshooting, preventive maintenance experience preferred
- One year of medium/heavy duty truck trade school or equivalent experience preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with Mack, Cat, and Cummins engines
- Familiar with electronic diagnostic service tools
- CDL a plus
APPLY TODAY – CALL OR VISIT US ONLINE: