High Temp Operator
For over 70 years, our client has been the leader in high temperature wire and cable. They are currently seeking High Temp Operators for their successful operation!
Train on 1st shift
Position summary and general purpose:
Responsible to operate towers and lacquer machines designed to cure and/or apply finish used to protect insulation. Also responsible conducting final inspection while winding product onto finished good reels. Must be able to operate multiple machines at one time which can be a combination of towers and winders. To operate the winding equipment by manually guiding the finished wire product through their hand, which is protected by a “leather” type palm glove, while operating the spark test equipment, which will electrically inspect 100% of the wire they are winding. They also need to physically inspect the wire to ensure that the correct construction was made, and that the conductor portion has remained continuous during the various insulating procedures.
- Produce wire per design. Record production and material transactions. Label, inspect/test product.
- Organize daily activity for best possible time management:
- Prioritize day so machines are running as much as possible.
- Float to operations/machines within the cell which need to be performed.
- Perform required preventative maintenance, tooling and equipment inspection/organization, and daily work space cleaning.
- Safe lifting of reels.
- Accurate material movement and production transactions.
- Correct manufacture/winding of product to design. Appropriate productivity; running speed of machines, fair complement of concurrent running machines, team work with other operators, and overall time management.
- Proper product inspection, testing, and labeling.
- Coating application/curing (Fluropolymers, enamels, liquid silicone)
- Winding and (jet) printing.
Essential skills and experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Capable of working 41.25 (5x8.25) repetitively
Other helpful qualities:
- Basic computer skills
- Prior experience in a manufacturing setting