Industrial Materials Pumper
Painesville, OH 44077 US
Vector's partner in Painesville, Ohio manufactures protein based ingredients and private label products. They have open positions for Industrial Materials Pumpers.
If you're not afraid of heights and hard work, this may be a great opportunity for you to join a Union shop!
- Operates power-driven pumps that transfer liquids, semi-liquids, gases, or powdered materials, performing any combination of following duties: Observes pressure gauges and flowmeters, and adjusts valves to regulate speed of pumps and control pressure and rate of flow of materials.
- Transfers materials to and from storage tanks, processing tanks, trucks, railroad cars, ships, canals, and mines.
- Maintains pumps and lines by replacing filters and gaskets, tightening connections, and adjusting pumps, using hand tools.
- Transfer liquids by siphoning.
- Connect pipelines between pumps and containers or storage tanks being filled or emptied.
- Collect samples of materials for laboratory analysis.
- Determine density of liquids, using hydrometer.
- Record quantity of item pumped.
- Inventory contents of storage tank, using calibrated rod, or by reading mercury gauge and tank charts.
- Usually receives verbal or written orders from superior as to amount to be pumped and is not responsible for mixing or processing.
- May be designated according to material pumped or area of work as Acid Pumper; Glycol-Service Operator; Irrigating-Pump Operator; Tailings-Dam Pumper; Yard Pumper.
- Ability to climb ladders up to 20 feet
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Willing to work holidays and weekend
- Must pass a hair follicle and background test
- Reliable transportation
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.