Injection Mold Setup Technician
Willoughby, OH 44094 US
They are currently seeking Injection Mold Setup Technicians for their successful operation!
** Openings available on 3rd Shift! **
$17-$19/hr., depending upon experience - plus $1.50 shift diff. = $18.50 - $20.50/hr.
Ceramic injection mold set-ups and troubleshooting tasks on molding machines and auxiliary equipment. Pulling and setting molds and making material changeovers in a timely manner. Communicate concerns with molds/equipment and material as needed to management.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Set-up and tear down molds on injection machines according to D.O.P.
• Responsible for basic die cleaning and maintenance
• Responsible for molding machine set up, mold and/or material changes and operation as related to the molding process.
• Verify correct set-up of molds, processes and auxiliary equipment before machine start up. Establish proper molding conditions. Perform process monitoring and troubleshooting part inspections and various other functions to ensure part conformity and quality.
• Identify and correct problems: apply experience, knowledge, and problem-solving skills to adjust and fix processes when non-conforming parts are being produced. Document changes; address questionable
parts; and monitor and focus on scrap reduction.
• Responsible for clear and consistent communication between shifts
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Previous experience in injection molding setup and molding processes required; preferably 2-4 years.
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Use of precision measuring devices (calipers, micrometers, etc.)
• Excellent attendance & dependability a must
Meet Your Recruiter
Business Development & Account Management
My name is Elaina Muenster, and I joined Vector Technical in November, 2017. Working in Business Development and Account Management, I am responsible for obtaining and maintaining new business, sourcing, attracting, and placing job candidates for open positions. My goal is to always meet clients' needs by finding candidates who match organizations' culture and open job positions. I develop strong organizational and communication skills working in the full cycle of the recruiting process, including industry research, cold calling, scheduling, networking, and developing and maintaining strong working relationships with candidates, client companies, hiring managers and human resource staff. I also lead, mentor, coach and train the recruiting team to ensure that open positions receive adequate coverage to meet our clients' needs.
I absolutely love the personal and interpersonal aspects of keeping in touch with individuals throughout the recruiting process. Helping and learning a person’s preferences, both personally and professionally, over time helps me assist them in finding the jobs which make the most sense for them.
I graduated from The University of Akron in 2010 with a Bachelor’s degree in mass communication with a concentration on radio and TV. Prior to joining Vector Technical Inc., I spent time working as a radio personality/intern for Q104’s morning show, Fee’s Kompany in the Morning. From there, I spent a season working as an in-arena host for the Lake Erie Monsters (Cleveland Hockey Team). In 2013, I had the opportunity to work for WHNT News 19 in Huntsville, Alabama (Fox 8 Sister Station) as an interactive content reporter/producer.
Outside the office, I enjoy cooking, traveling, running, photography, crafting, concerts, and spending time with my family and friends.