Our client in Cleveland, OH, is North America’s leading provider of system-critical engineered fastening solutions serving blue-chip wholesalers, distributors, and original equipment manufacturers. They are searching for exceptional Inspectors to join their talented team!
In-process Inspectors will verify product quality to customer specific or regulatory requirements as directed by the Quality Dept. Perform quality planning activities such as generating in-process inspection protocols, as directed by the quality leader of the plant.
General Functions and Specific Responsibilities
- Conduct first article, in-process, and last piece inspections of job travelers and products for traceability, accuracy & conformance in production.
- Perform product inspections to ensure quality and adherence to applicable requirements, specifications, drawings, etc.
- Gather all data on all audits to determine root cause
- Conduct root cause analysis: Man/Method/Material/Machine
- Perform calibration, maintenance & use of inspection, measuring and testing equipment (gauges, calipers, micrometers, etc.)
- Adhere to ISO & safety compliance in all areas
- Related duties such as record keeping & reporting
- Any other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Manufacturing & Machining
- Quality Control
- Heat & lot traceability of material
- Plug/Ring gauges, calipers, micrometers, & CMM
- Calibration of inspection equipment
- Customer drawings & specifications
Preferred Knowledge & Experience
- Industrial fastener manufacturing
- ASTM, SAE, & NIST
- ISO 9001 documentation and quality assurance requirements
- Computers & Microsoft applications
Essential Job Functions
- Operate computer and keyboard
- Able to use phone
- Sit for long periods
- Communicate using speech, hearing and vision skills
- Moderate lifting – no greater than 40 lbs
- Moderate reaching, pushing, pulling, gripping and grasping
- No fine manipulation or fine manual dexterity required
- Ability to stand for a full shift in addition to walking, climbing stairs and bending as required
- Tow Motor (i.e. powered industrial truck) operation