Find the right opportunity for you.
Instrument Technician - Lubrizol
Painesville, OH 44077 US
Are you an experienced instrument technician looking to advance your career in the petrochemical industry? Our partner, The Lubrizol Corporation, one of the top workplaces in America, is seeking candidates for an Instrument Technician to join their growing team! This is a direct hire position at the Painesville plant!
Benefits of Working with Us*:
*As this is a direct hire position, you will be entitled to the full benefits of being a Lubrizol employee, including the following:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Family Medical leave, Parental Leave, Military Leave and Paid Sick and Family Leave
- 401K Matching
- Employee Assistance and WorkLife Program
Instrument Technicians will report to the Instrument Supervisor and are responsible for maintenance on all electronic and pneumatic instruments, including: meters, monitors, transmitters, flowmeters, level devices, switches, alarms, PLCs, transducers, regulators, control valves, automatic valves, actuators, and solenoid valves. You will maintain, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, modify, and install/construct instrumentation equipment and controls as assigned by applicable supervisor/project leaders. Additionally, candidates must be able to read and understand related documents including manuals, loop sheets, P&ID diagrams, and ladder logic. Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
- Associates Degree in Electronic Technology or equivalent military electronics program
- 4 years minimum experience in instrumentation field
- Troubleshooting, repair, calibration skills with associated electronic equipment and controls
- Familiarity with computerized control systems and interfacing instrument control systems
- Willingness to keep up with new technology
- Ability to use instrumentation test equipment, hand and power tools, and to wear respirators and other PPE, as required
- Ability to read small print, see all colors, and have good manual dexterity and coordination
- Strong communication, problem-solving skills, and an ability to work well independently
- An ability to work well in a team-based environment
Meet Your Recruiter
When you need someone who is going to go above and beyond to find you a candidate, Ben is your guy. Ben is a systematic and relentless Sourcing Specialist at our Vector Solon Branch. He works tirelessly to help those in need of a new position by getting the process started and connecting candidates with a recruiter.
Before coming to Vector, Ben was very successful as a server/bartender at a local restaurant. He still enjoys using the tricks of his trade with that and makes his loved one’s food and drinks on a regular basis. Furthermore, Ben loves to relish the time he has making music and play video games. He also loves to roll around on his skateboard and just be outside.