Instrument Technician - Lubrizol
Painesville, OH 44077 US
Are you an experienced instrument technician looking to advance your career in the petrochemical industry? Our partner, The Lubrizol Corporation, one of the top workplaces in America, is seeking candidates for an Instrument Technician to join their growing team!
This is a direct hire position at the Painesville plant!
$22-$30/hr., depending upon experience
- Maintenance on all electronic and pneumatic instruments including meters, monitors, transmitters, flowmeters, level devices, switches, alarms, PLC’s, transducers, regulators, control valves, automatic valves, actuators, and solenoid valves.
- Ability to read and understand related documents such as manuals, Loop Sheets, P&ID diagrams, and ladder logic.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, modify, and install/construct instrumentation equipment and controls as assigned by the supervisor or project leader.
- Perform preventative maintenance on any and all instrumentation.
- Perform loop checking in order to verify that all the connected components are working properly or to determine if repairs are needed, and then red-mark any modifications on associated drawings.
- Learn and understand Lubrizol’s electronic instrument work which includes both 24vdc and 110vac supply, and both analog and digital signal such as HART or Fieldbus.
- Provide technical input to customers regarding design, installation, repair, and safe operation of equipment and systems.
- Follow all Lubrizol procedures including safety procedures, JSA’s, work permits, and MOC’s.
- This job role may require mandatory participation as a member of the Emergency Response Team in the role of a fire/hazmat responder.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability and desire to gain skills in the instrumentation field, through onsite training and courses through local institution(s) with a goal of obtaining certification/degree within a defined time frame from date of hire
- General knowledge of computers & software.
- Ability to work in a team based environment.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Committed to following and supporting safety practices.
- Willingness to keep up to date with new technology.
- Ability to use instrumentation test equipment.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to read small print, see all colors, and have good manual dexterity and coordination.
Considered a Plus:
- Associate degree in electronic technology from an accredited university or equivalent military electronics program.
- Experience in the instrumentation field.
- Experience in the petrochemical industry.
- Ability to read and interpret interconnection diagrams, process and instrumentation flow sheets, loop sheets, and schematics.
- Experience in wiring and panel construction.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate electronic equipment and controls, pneumatic equipment and controls, and advanced analytical and laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of computers, software, computerized control systems, and interfacing instrument control systems.
- Ability to work productively with limited supervision.
- Instrumentation metrology and calibration experience.
- ISA Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST).
Meet Your Recruiter
When you need someone who is going to go above and beyond to find you a candidate, Ben is your guy. Ben is a systematic and relentless Sourcing Specialist at our Vector Solon Branch. He works tirelessly to help those in need of a new position by getting the process started and connecting candidates with a recruiter.
Before coming to Vector, Ben was very successful as a server/bartender at a local restaurant. He still enjoys using the tricks of his trade with that and makes his loved one’s food and drinks on a regular basis. Furthermore, Ben loves to relish the time he has making music and play video games. He also loves to roll around on his skateboard and just be outside.