Eastlake, OH 44095 US
Vector's partner in Eastlake, OH is a leading manufacturer of highly-engineered castings and sub-assemblies primarily for the commercial aerospace, defense and industrial gas turbine markets. They are looking for a Knockout Operator to join their team!
3rd Shift - train on 1st shift Monday - Friday With Overtime as needed
Knockout Operator will be responsible for removing shell material from castings using mold pounding and core blast machines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remove wire and shell material from castings using a sledgehammer.
- Operate a mechanical hoist to load and unload castings from cart; involves pushing control buttons and attaching hoist chains to castings.
- Operate a bandsaw machine to cut up metal.
- Operate a waterblast machine.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- The physical effort applied in this job includes lifting, pulling, reaching, manipulating, carrying, pushing, and shoveling.
- Extensive repetitive motion of the hands, wrists and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Good attendance record required.
- Able to read, understand, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to withstand long periods of standing and walking.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels and in a fast-paced environment.
- Compliance with general company attendance standard is required.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at previous or recent employer.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Previous experience operating a cutting torch is preferred.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, heat, cold, noise, and vibration.
- Must wear hearing and eye protection in performance of duties.
- The job is often performed under somewhat disagreeable working conditions; exposure to any or all of the mentioned elements is likely, with at least one present to the extent of being disagreeable.
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.