LUBRIZOL seeks a Glassware Washroom Technician!
The Lubrizol Corporation is currently seeking a GLASSWARE WASHROOM TECHNICIAN on 1st shift!
This is an excellent opportunity to begin your new career!!
- Wash, clean and dry all glassware used in the Wickliffe Process Development Department (PDD). Must wear proper personal protective equipment while washing and handling glassware.
- Maintain stocks of glassware in the PDD North and South lab areas. (Beakers, flasks, etc.)
- Overflow items can be restocked in the Area G 2nd floor glassware stockroom.
- Once per month, inventory highly used glassware and inform 1st shift supervisor of what needs to be ordered.
- Drain and/or pump out the washroom solvent hood bath and the solvent cycle washer unit when dirty and refill with fresh solvent
- Package up "cleaned" broken glassware in box and bring to Wickliffe Stores for return to Eagle Glass (for repair).
- Obtain box(es) of repaired glassware from Area G (Incoming) or Stores and restock accordingly. Deliver packing sheet on box(es) to Tom Brown
- Keep washroom clean.
- Contact utility services group when you have your work done in washroom so you can help them with utility operations. They may contact you for help when they really need it as well. The group may have the glassware technician assist with material sampling, waste movement, waste pull sheets or other various duties within the group.
- Technician must have radio on or near their location at all times in case someone needs to contact them or in case of emergency. Keep channel on frequency #3 "PDD Utilities".
- Must attend monthly/required safety meetings and training in the department.
- Must comply with all department and company rules/policies.
- Must complete any computer based training that is given within required timeframe.
- The Glassware Washroom Technician will be subjected to extended periods of climbing ladders and stairways, sitting, walking, standing, bending, stooping, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, moving and lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Must be willing/able to work in an in industrial / warehouse environment and occasionally outdoors in inclement weather.
- Safely work independently and around others by following all required procedures
- Working hours are 7:00am to 3:30pm. Employee must arrive early enough to change into uniform and be in the work area during the times listed.
- 15 minute breaks are at 9:00am and 2:00pm; Lunch is from 11:30am — 12:00pm
APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION!