Our client is considered a global manufacturing leader. They are currently seeking an R1 Line Operator for their facility in Chardon, Ohio! The R1 Line Operator performs all the tasks associated with operating the R1 (repel) line following the standard operating procedures.
12-hr rotating shifts
- Responsible for meeting all production goals such as safety, quality, scrap and productivity for assigned equipment/area.
- Coordinating all production activity through other team members for assigned equipment/area.
- Overseeing, operating and maintaining all processing and material handling equipment within the repel process.
- Following and guiding others through process procedures and direction from the team leader.
- Monitoring meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temps, pressures and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production specs.
- Ensuring safe and effective set up of the repel line, loading of raw materials, completion of routine tests, monitoring of quality and accurate completion of all SOCs, bed sheets and other daily checks.
- Surfacing any equipment malfunctions or abnormalities to the team leader.
- Maintaining production records and logs of equipment and product performance.
- Jobs may be of short, medium or long duration – requiring frequent changes in set up and variations in cycle; adjusts set up and process operations accordingly.
- Continuously reviewing current processes and seeking improvement methods for product/process quality and reducing waste in the process.
- Leading all basic troubleshooting process activities on assigned machine/area.
- Leading all setup and shut-down procedures for assigned production equipment/area.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Tow motor experience is a MUST.
- Ability to work independently
- Emphasis on SAFETY
- Adaptive, flexible and able to handle ambiguity.
- Be able to actively contribute in an individual and team-based environment; encourage open communication and positive interaction with peers and management to effectively reach a common goal.
- Demonstrate proficiency in essential tasks of the job and a willingness to learn and share knowledge; must take initiative to cross-train and sustain acquired skills.
- Able and willing to work overtime, including short-notice requests