Our client, a manufacturing company in Hiram, OH is looking for Machine Operators to join their team.
Production Room Schedules:
- Shreds Room
- 1st Shift 6am – 2pm Mon – Fri
- 2nd Shift 2pm – 10pm Mon – Fri
- 3rd Shift 10pm – 6am Mon – Fri
- RT Room
- 1st Shift 7am – 3pm Mon - Fri
- 2nd Shift 3pm – 11pm Mon – Fri
- 3rd Shift 11pm – 7am Sun – Thurs
Current Openings: 1 on 2nd Shift Shreds and 1 on 3rd Shift Shreds.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MACHINE OPERATOR:
- Ensure proper set up of film, zipper, labels, product, operation of machinery and product quality.
- Frequently inspect conveyor belt to ensure smooth flow of product.
- Inspect Machine E stops to ensure functionality before production starts.
- Grease/clean machine and perform basic maintenance tasks based on preventative maintenance schedule.
- Ensure that products produced are within the weight specification/regulation per our Statistical Process Control (SPC) programming system.
- Disassembly and assembly of equipment.
- Sanitation of machinery.
- Communicate to line personnel on daily production issues, changes, and safety issues.
- All employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies & procedures.
- All employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
- Ability to make minor decisions based on standard practices.
- Ability to read, prepare, and comprehend production reports and worksheets.
- Ability to communicate with line personnel regarding information contained therein, and regarding quality & safety issues.
- Ability to motivate and build teamwork
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Above average mechanical ability required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to take metric measurements and measurements of temperature.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- SAP experience.
- MES experience.
- Basic computer skills.