Our client in Willoughby, OH provides the most advanced line of parts feeding and conveyor systems available in the market, serving a broad industry base including Aerospace, Automotive, Food & Beverage, Industrial Supplies and Medical. They are in search of a Machinist to join their team!
We are looking for a skilled Machinist to operate a variety of machines to perform assigned tasks. You will produce or repair precision parts using both manual and automated equipment and accurate measurements. A great machinist needs to possess manual dexterity and an eye for detail. They must also have knowledge of mathematics and mechanics as well as respect for safety precautions. The goal is to ensure effective production operations and optimize procedures.
The ideal Candidate will possess the following:
- Ability to effectively use of cut-off saws, manual Bridgeports, manual lathes, bending equipment, hand tools, drill presses, press brakes, overhead cranes, fork trucks and other commonly used manufacturing tools.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Read, interpret and understand all different kinds of mechanical drawing assemblies, blue prints & specification sheets.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Check and clean work pieces and work areas
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information.
- Be willing to learn and take detailed notes on new ideas and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism and use it to improve performance
- Be a team player and work well with others
- Willing to do a bit extra to get a job done right and on time
- Have a customer focused mentality
- High school graduate
- 5+ years machine operation
- Positive attitude and a track record of good performance
- Must possess own tools