Willoughby, OH 44094 US
$24-$27/hr., depending upon experience and skillset
This position's focus is to keep the production line running.
This company is looking for someone with minimal experience (trade school grads will also be considered) who wants to develop their skills. If you're looking to train with a company to learn and grow your career, this may be the opportunity for you!
Primary Duties & Essential Functions (that you will train to master):
• Assist with preventative maintenance program to ensure maximum production uptime.
• Perform horizontal and vertical welding, fabricating, silver soldering, hard facing, and braising using acetylene, arc, mig, and tig welder on most ferrous and nonferrous metals; makes specialized cuts and complex angles using a band saw; and performs simple to complex blacksmithing and parts fabrication.
• Able to select tools for individuals and teams in relation to specific assignments.
• Will be expected to continue skills-based learning and training. This includes using on-site training library (books, manuals, on-line resources) to develop needed skills.
• Must adhere to established policy/program on LOTO, machine guarding, hot work, and confined spaces
• Must be able to enter information into mapcon
• Be knowledgeable of all job functions related to production
Requirements (you will need some of these skills now, and develop the rest as you train): • Participates in the development of policies and procedures; monitors work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures and makes recommendations for changes and improvements to existing policies and procedures.
• Formulate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Will be required to complete TPC Maintenance Training Series 100, 200, and 300 Courses which include Fundamentals, Safety, Electrical Systems, and Mechanical Systems.
• Understanding of single and 3 phase electrical circuits, motor controls, lighting, installation and repair and modification.
• Ability to read and comprehend blue prints, mechanical drawings and/or electrical schematics.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical problems to a component level.
• Able to problem solve and troubleshoot complex mechanical and electrical issues.
• Must be able to work flexible schedule include overtime and weekends
• Work is expected to be performed at different heights/levels. This includes access to the ceiling, roof, cooling towers, etc. You will be expected to work at varying heights, using proper safety equipment.
• Must have basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Email, Internet). Will be trained to use our Work Order Management System and Factory Automation system to access work details, order parts, look up information, and close out jobs.
• Must complete food safety, workplace safety, and job specific training per company training guidelines
• Must be certified to operate forklift and follow all safety guidelines according to OSHA standard
• Any experience with conveyors is a big plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.