Maintenance Reliability Manager
Twinsburg, OH 44087 US
Pay Range is $85k-$105k
Must have some periodic 2nd shift availability to train new team members.
The Maintenance Reliability Manager provides leadership & direction to achieve world-class facility uptime and productivity, utilizing cost-efficient maintenance techniques and strategies. Responsible for the implementation and management of Reliability Centered Maintenance program. Sets the maintenance approach (Preventive, Conditions Based/Predictive, Proactive, and Reactive) to improve facility reliability, production performance, and maintenance processes. Ensures site & network compliance with maintenance protocols. Works with suppliers, engineering, and maintenance personnel to set standards to ensure asset maintainability. Collaborates across multiple functions and levels within the company.
• Manage a team of hourly and salary staff providing direction for plan of the day as well as training and face to face interaction with day and night shifts.
• Responsible for coaching and performance management, driving performance goals and addressing issues in a timely manner.
• Drives a clear understanding of activities occurring on each shift including downtime, repairs, scrap, etc. Work in tandem with the team to maintain the highest and most effective channels of communication and ensure seamless production activities on a 24/7 basis.
• Lead and reinforce safety behaviors daily.
• Identify & implement metric systems that result in improved facility uptime performance, OEE, financial results, and mean time to repair (MTTR).
• Evaluate performance across the Enterprise and collaborate with production staff and preventative maintenance teams to ensure reliability.
• Drive downtime reduction efforts using root cause and failure mode & effects analysis (FMEA) that reduces cost and increases throughput.
• Perform assessment and audits and apply the most effective maintenance strategies. Ensures site & network compliance with maintenance protocols.
• Identify & implement preventative, predictive & reliability maintenance programs, including crucial component reliability & work order management. Site visits, audits, continuous improvement work sessions are expected.
• Drives and assists teams determining trends in work order & repair history to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
• Drive initiatives for MRO spare parts purchasing/inventory programs, critical spares, and R&M budgets. Collaborate with the team on cost savings initiatives.
• Build collaborative working relationships with engineering, site maintenance, food safety, EHS, and operations management team members.
• Create SOPs and job training aids for existing and new equipment in coordination with the Engineering team.
• Conduct Failure Analysis on critical assets and equipment to eliminate root cause(s) of failure and develop improvements to prevent occurrences.
• Proactively seek methods to continuously improve operational effectiveness on our production equipment.
• Observe, adhere to and maintain current knowledge of all Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) and safety guidelines. Foster, facilitate and encourage a safe work environment and abide by all safety procedures and standards of the company.
• Demonstrated management of successful teams.
• Ability to read blueprints, including electrical, and schematics.
• PLC programming experience.
• Established fabrication skills.
• Well-developed project management abilities.
• Ability to develop and foster relationships internally and externally with outside vendors.
• Working knowledge of OSHA guidelines and a sharp focus on safety. Operate all equipment in a safe and effective manner.
• Ability to read, comprehend and retain information. Basic mathematical aptitude and skills.
• Tactful, courteous, polite, patient, and professional at all times.
• Good interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
• Proactive problem solver.
• Strong organization, follow-up and time management skills along with the ability to effectively multi-task.
• Trustworthy and demonstrates high level of integrity.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects with patience and tenacity.
• Self-motivated and self-disciplined.
• A minimum of four (4) years of maintenance or engineering experience and two – five (2-5) years of supervisory experience
• 4-year college degree preferred or equivalent through a combination of advanced learning and work experience
• 5-7 years of experience with plastic injection molding production and assembly equipment with specific hands-on expertise with electro-pneumatic-PLC controller machinery, hydraulics, wiring.
• The ideal candidate will have experience in food safety requirements.
Meet Your Recruiter
Business Development & Account Management
My name is Elaina Muenster, and I joined Vector Technical in November, 2017. Working in Business Development and Account Management, I am responsible for obtaining and maintaining new business, sourcing, attracting, and placing job candidates for open positions. My goal is to always meet clients' needs by finding candidates who match organizations' culture and open job positions. I develop strong organizational and communication skills working in the full cycle of the recruiting process, including industry research, cold calling, scheduling, networking, and developing and maintaining strong working relationships with candidates, client companies, hiring managers and human resource staff. I also lead, mentor, coach and train the recruiting team to ensure that open positions receive adequate coverage to meet our clients' needs.
I absolutely love the personal and interpersonal aspects of keeping in touch with individuals throughout the recruiting process. Helping and learning a person’s preferences, both personally and professionally, over time helps me assist them in finding the jobs which make the most sense for them.
I graduated from The University of Akron in 2010 with a Bachelor’s degree in mass communication with a concentration on radio and TV. Prior to joining Vector Technical Inc., I spent time working as a radio personality/intern for Q104’s morning show, Fee’s Kompany in the Morning. From there, I spent a season working as an in-arena host for the Lake Erie Monsters (Cleveland Hockey Team). In 2013, I had the opportunity to work for WHNT News 19 in Huntsville, Alabama (Fox 8 Sister Station) as an interactive content reporter/producer.
Outside the office, I enjoy cooking, traveling, running, photography, crafting, concerts, and spending time with my family and friends.