Our client in Mentor, OH, is a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products for the Aerospace, power generation, and general industrial markets. They are looking for Maintenance Mechanics to join their successful operation!
With a minimum of supervision, this position will be responsible for keeping all equipment/machinery in the plant functioning, troubleshooting problems as they arise, and implementing preventative maintenance. Duties to include:
- Incumbent must handle hazardous waste in accordance with the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) and company policy.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and repair of production process equipment including but not limited to vacuum furnaces, boilerclaves, conveyors, wax press, and robotic cells.
- Troubleshooting of electrical/mechanical/hydraulic problems in a timely manner to minimize downtime of equipment.
- Proficient in robot operation as well as perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Handle all duties and responsibilities of Maintenance position.
- Assist in other plant maintenance work as required by supervisor.
- Repair and maintain other plant equipment as experience indicates.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisor.
- Observe all safety requirements.
- Perform preventative maintenance to all process equipment throughout facility.
- Housekeeping and organization as required, as well as other duties as requested by manager, ensuring that all safety requirements are practiced.
- Limited construction/installation of equipment.
- PLC troubleshooting and light programming.
- Perform work in various areas such as electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, pipe fitting, welding, and soldering.
- Operate equipment pertaining to maintenance including fork trucks, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts.
- Repair, service, and maintain equipment as needed at outside vendors, suppliers, customers, and other locations.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with general maintenance of plant equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- General knowledge of vacuum furnace operation and repair.
- Experience in general maintenance of plant equipment.
- Experience in robotic maintenance and/or programming a plus.
- Background in hydraulics, plumbing, pipe fitting, welding, and soldering needed.
- Proven track record working in at team environment.
- Significant experience in post cast manufacturing product processing.
- Previous training experience.