Find the right opportunity for you.
Wickliffe, OH 44092 US
2nd Shift or Split Shift
$22 - $34/hr., depending upon experience (plus $2.10/hr. shift premium)
Maintenance Technician will work with minimum supervision and be responsible for keeping all equipment/machinery in the plant functioning, troubleshooting problems as they arise, and implementing preventative maintenance. This includes responsibility for identifying parts and critical spares for the plant and maintaining all equipment in a safe working condition. Ina addition the Maintenance Technician will need to collaboration with the department managers to ensure equipment is running and PMs are current to meet production requirements.
- Troubleshooting of electrical/mechanical/hydraulic problems in a timely manner to minimize downtime of equipment.
- Repair, service, and maintain equipment as needed at outside vendors, suppliers, customers, and other Company locations.
- Assist in other plant maintenance work as required by supervisor, facilities Manager, and/or Maintenance Engineers.
- Housekeeping, organization, and 6S required of immediate work area, maintenance shop, and toolbox/locker.
- Perform work in various areas such as electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, pipe fitting, welding, and soldering.
- Safely handle hazardous waste in accordance with the Material Data Sheet (MSD) and company policy.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance, repairs, and PMs of production process equipment plant-wide.
- Ensure that the high standard of 6s and housekeeping is maintained in the department at all times.
- Proficient in robot operation as well as perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Operate equipment pertaining to maintenance including fork trucks, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts.
- Must follow all Environmental, Health, and Safety requirements and policies at all times.
- Perform preventative maintenance to all process equipment throughout facility.
- Troubleshoot and provide cost effective resolutions to production problems.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all production processes and materials.
- PLC troubleshooting and light programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Able to work flexible hours with a history of dependability as demonstrated with strong attendance record.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with strong sense of urgency and the ability to work independently.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere with a customer focus approach to support Operations and Safety.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with high activity with aggressive project timelines.
- Proven ability to work hands-on with the team to achieve optimal equipment performance.
- Proven experience in Manufacturing Industry with the maintenance/facilities department.
- Previous experience and knowledge of vacuum furnace operation and repair.
- Prefer 5+ years’ experience in a maintenance and/or plant engineering related position.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic manufacturing systems
- Previous experience as a maintenance technician or skilled craft is desired.
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.