Our client in Winchester, VA is a superior designer, developer and manufacturer of plastic packaging solutions. They are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician for their successful operation!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and maintain all policies of the company including but not limited to BRC Standards, Health and Safety Requirements, Continuous Improvement as well as standard work procedures.
- Provides technical advice to production and maintenance personnel.
- Complies with BRC standards for preventative machine maintenance and documented procedures.
- Assists production department in making necessary adjustments to maintain product quality.
- Maintain the production equipment and building facilities in good working order.
- Perform tasks to maintain the preventative maintenance schedule of production and facilities equipment.
- Perform tasks related to the installation and removal of production and facilities equipment.
- To continually identify equipment, process and product risks that may result in products not meeting customer requirements and report them to the maintenance manager.
- To continually identify opportunities for improvement to local management.
- Trouble shoots failures with production and facilities equipment.
- Repair production and facilities equipment as needed.
- Work with outside vendors and contractors as needed on tasks related to the installation or maintaining of production and facilities equipment.
- Ensure compliance with area work instructions and personal hygiene requirements.
- Ensure outside vendors and contractors are working in a safe manner at all times.
- Work hours as directed by the maintenance crew leader or maintenance manager to ensure proper staffing to cover the facilities / production department’s needs.
- Ensure that your work area is kept safe, clean and organized during and at the end of the shift.
- Experience in production facility
- Good basic technical knowledge
- Must have excellent attendance
- Must be responsible, self-motivated and function well in team environment
- Must be able to make decisions with minimal supervision
- Must be safety and quality conscious at all times
- Flexible work schedule with a willingness to work overtime.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma plus 1-3 years of experience in mechanical and electrical fields.
- Ability to read all types of blueprints.
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.