Manufacturing Engineer / Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Our client in Painesville, OH is a manufacturer of highly engineered mechanical components for the aerospace industry, looking for the right person to fill the position of Manufacturing Engineer / Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
This salary will depend on the level of experience
The Manufacturing Engineer (ME) is responsible for finding solutions for all matters relative to the processes of producing and testing aerospace components. The role is a combination of problem solving and (internal) customer support. The ME analyzes engineering design specifications, drawings and/or prototypes and makes recommendations concerning required methods, processes, tools, jigs, fixtures, etc., which are required to assemble and test a product. The ME is expected to identify value added projects and take initiative in executing them through completion, managing resources and capital, as required.
- Identify and drive operational cost savings initiatives. Improve productivity through increasing efficiency, consistency, ease, first pass yield and repeatability in the assembly and test processes; often involving custom tooling and processes. Each ME is expected to facilitate $100k in gained productivity each year.
- Work closely with production to resolve manufacturing challenges, as well as diagnose and disposition non-conformant parts and assemblies in order to support on-time shipments to customers; often requires a hands-on approach to troubleshooting, experiment, or fabricate/support equipment or assemblies
- Support cross functional team initiatives including new product launches and various technical and non-technical problem-solving endeavors
- Estimate product costs (direct labor, materials, processing) for assemblies without a production history
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3-10 years manufacturing engineering experience/process/industrial engineering experience
- Project management/execution, including capital projects
- Low volume, high mix manual assembly/test environment
- General analytic ability, problem solving and troubleshooting (DoE, RCCA, Shainin methods)
- Strong communication and team skills
- Industrial engineering techniques and lean methodologies
- Tooling/fixture design using Solidworks CAD
- Technical understanding of physics, mechanics; fluid dynamics, valves & seals, electronics, a plus
- General dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Robust Microsoft Office skills and computer literacy
- Strong willingness/ability to learn
- Management potential; experience and/or desire that may constitute 2 levels of “promote-ability” is strongly desired.
- Ability to identify, initiate and execute own work; prioritize and communicate. Position provides high levels of both autonomy and accountability
- Work schedule is Monday- Friday; typically 8-9 hours/day. Candidates are expected to flex and/or apply extra time, as needed, to meet operational performance requirements and department expectations.
- Fabrication support (CNC programming, machining and other component producing) is part of the role, but understanding fabrication concepts is a plus.
Attractive Benefits including: