Our client in Willoughby, OH is a manufacturer of injection molded and extruded ceramic products.
They are currently seeking a Material Handler to join their team!
The Material Handler will load and unload kilns and part containers (saggers), inspect product for defects, and complete documentation in accordance with the standard operating procedure.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Follow documented job specific work instructions.
- Load & unload kilns in accordance with department supervisor or team lead’s instructions and the part procedure.
- Unload fired parts (cores) from saggers in accordance with department supervisor or team lead’s instructions and the part procedure.
- Visually inspect parts for defects.
- Communicate any issues to your supervisor or team lead.
- Maintain required documentation and paperwork.
- Meet production goals and quality requirements.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Assure proper completion of end of shift duties including production reporting, required TPM, and 5S activity.
- Know and follow all company safety rules and regulations.
Education, prior work experience, specialized skills and knowledge required:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent attendance & dependability a must
- Ability to stand entire 8 or 10 hour shift (plus overtime, when required)
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. multiple times per shift
- 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses or contacts