Find the right opportunity for you.
Glenwillow, OH 44139 US
$65k - $70k, depending upon experience
This position covers all aspects of mechanical design engineering, including structural design, mechanisms, components, fixturing, and integrate electrical components/systems. In addition, the Mechanical Design Engineer will select materials, specify hardware requirements, pneumatic components, and collaborate with Electrical Engineers to select electrical components. Associate will provide machine, mechanism and fixturing design along with related drawing creation including bills of materials while under minimal technical supervision. This position works with the Engineering Manager and design department to complete designs and participate in collaborative design teams.
- Design industrial processing systems, industrial equipment, and fixturing.
- Interact with supplier representatives and customers to identify specifications, design components, and systems as necessary.
- Analyze design and define requirements for mechanical equipment and systems.
- Confer with technical personnel to prepare designs or operational plans.
- Confer with multiple segments of the business to resolve design or operational problems.
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
- Investigate system, equipment, or product failures.
- Test performance of electrical, electronic, mechanical, or integrated systems or equipment.
- Create models of engineering designs or methods and implement design and process improvements.
- Identify new applications for existing and new technologies.
- Document technical design details.
- Research industrial processes or operations.
- Coordinate safety or regulatory compliance activities.
- All other duties assigned.
- College accreditation with B.S.M.E. or B.S.M.E.T preferred or equivalent experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- 2 years of experience preferred
- Design Software— Competent in the use and manipulation of 3D design software in a collaborative environment, CREO design platform preferred
- Detail Creation— Experienced in drawing creation of details and assemblies which include all dimensions, tolerances, and associated documentation to allow for the manufacture and assembly of designs that meet specified requirements
- Evaluation— Capable of evaluating quotations, specifications, and documentation to determine functional requirements, identify missing information, and define the required tasks for mechanical designs to achieve the goals of the system
- Communication— Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with competency in computer and Microsoft Office products
- Active Listening— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
On-site Fitness Center
Medical, Dental & Life Insurance
Vision Care Plan Prescription
Short/Long Term Disability
Plans401(k) Saving Plan w/match
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Paid Time Off (PTO) Program
Meet Your Recruiter
V.P. of Operations
“Communication is key in a people-minded arena”.
With 21 years of experience in client partnership development, team management/skills building and business revenue increase, through open minded strategic growth planning, she believes anyone’s goals are attainable through hard work and keeping a focus on the outcome.
Along with being a part of past Lake County Chamber business of the year recipients and various multi-entrepreneurial awards employment based, Allison has a passion for art, the human good through volunteer work to help others and the thrill of competitive sports.