Solon, OH 44139
Our client, a leader in the packaging industry, is currently seeking qualified candidates to join their Maintenance Team! This is an excellent opportunity to get in with a stable and growing company!
Several Positions available – DIRECT HIRE
$23.95/hr. + $1.08 shift differential
Primary Responsibilities of the Mechanical Maintenance Tech are, but not limited to the following:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical / electrical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic circuits, conveyor systems, and production machines; using schematics, blueprints, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications to complete tasks.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions to locate sources of problems by observing mechanical / electrical machinery in operation and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance and electrical techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricate and repair parts by using machine shop equipment.
- Test performance of electrical, electronic, or integrated systems or equipment.
- Test performance of electrical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic multi-meters.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Prepare mechanical / electrical maintenance work reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends for historical logs.
- Maintain continuity among team members by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing results
Skills / Qualifications for Mechanical Maintenance:
- Demonstrate and provide working knowledge of pumps, gearboxes, basic welding skills (stick and wire), acetylene torch use
- Troubleshoot and maintain power transmission equipment
- Read and understand mechanical drawings.
- Bearing (straight and taper bore) removal and installation.
- Alignment of equipment using dial indicator and laser (motor gearbox, gearbox/roll)
- Rigging skills (use of cranes, chain hoists, come-along, slings) and other mechanical components at a papermill scale
- Working knowledge of layout, assembly, installation, and maintenance of pipe systems, pipe supports, and hydraulic and pneumatic equipment or steam, hot work, stock, lubricating, and sprinkling systems, along with the ability to weld stainless pipe (TIG).
- 2-yr degree in a mechanical discipline.
- Documentation of Millwright Journeyman status is a plus!
- Must be able to Work Nights and Weekends up to 12-hour shifts