Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Euclid, OH 44177
Position: Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7: 30-4: 00 pm
Reports to: Plant Engineer
Our client is a family-owned commercial heat treater located in Euclid, OH.
They are in search of the right person to join their team as a Mechanical Maintenance Technician.
The maintenance department is key to maintaining and improving equipment to support efficient and profitable production. The maintenance department is also responsible for maintaining and improving ancillary equipment, buildings, and grounds.
Job summary: Conduct maintenance and repair of heat treating equipment, mechanical systems, buildings, and auxiliary equipment. Coordinates with production staff, management and plant engineer for repair, maintenance and improvement of existing systems, and installation of new equipment.
Essential requirements of this job include:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to effectively use hand tools
- Desire to learn and advance, willingness to be trained
- Ability to withstand shop and outdoor conditions (hot/cold, dirty)
- Ability to work as a team, able to switch job activities as needs arise, willingness to perform tasks ranging from simple to complex
Position requires experience and proven knowledge and skill in any of the following areas:
- Disassemble, replace parts and reassemble pumps, drives, indexers, motors, gearboxes etc.
- Maintain hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Installation of water, gas and air lines
- Pipe threading
- Soldering and brazing copper pipe
- Cutting with torch or plasma cutter
- Furnace maintenance:
- Brick laying
- Replacing furnace components such as burner tubes, tracks, hearths, retorts, etc.
- Gas burner tuning
- Daily maintenance routines
- Grounds, lawn mowing etc.
- Building & systems maintenance (unclogging drains, replacing light bulbs, etc.)
- Periodic intensive maintenance (cleaning tanks, disassembling equipment, etc.)
Benefits: (after various waiting periods)
- Health insurance
- Vision and dental insurance (employee-paid)
- Paid holidays