Mechanical Test Technician - Lubrizol
THE LUBRIZOL CORPORATION is a Fortune 500 chemical company and they're ranked one of the best places to work in the country!
They are currently in need of a Mechanical Technician to join their team.
Department: Mechanical Testing Reports to: Mechanical Testing Maintenance Supervisor
The Mechanical Technician supports Lubrizol by collaborating with Mechanical Testing engineers and technicians in the building, repair, and maintenance of test stands and associated utility systems.
- Test stand installations which include: engines, transmissions, and axles, along with associated fixturing and equipment.
- Pump and Dynamometer installation, alignment, repair, and rebuild
- Responsible for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment and systems
- Responsible for pipe-fitting, welding, and brazing as needed
- Expected to participate in and identify LEAN improvement projects
- Must be willing to work overtime including weekends, holidays, and call-ins
Education, Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Millwrighting experience
- Welding, brazing, pipe-fitting, and plumbing skills
- Welding is a MUST for this position!!
- Fabricating experience
- Rotating and stationary equipment repair
- Troubleshooting and preventive maintenance experience
- Insulating and rigging skills
- Math and computer skills
- Energy source and hazard awareness
- Experience with various tools of the trade
The following skills / experience are considered a plus:
- Knowledge of the Mechanical Testing Department's equipment and systems
- Previous chemical plant experience and knowledge of chemical hazards
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as respirators, hearing protection, etc.
- Focus on customers
- Building relationships
- Quality Management
- Safety / Health / Environment / Security